Violence against women
We have gathered online resources and select documents to supplement the introductory copy written for this website. This section includes more in depth information about the intersection of violence against women and HIV, as well as resources to support women.
- Some of these links feature frequently asked questions, making it easier to find the answers you may be looking for.
- Others can point you to additional resources, documents and related topics.
- We have identified downloadable PDF documents.
- All other links will direct you to websites.
These resources are meant to be selective, not exhaustive. We have chosen ones that are practical and useful. If there is other content you have found helpful in your work with women affected by – or living with – HIV, please let us know. We will consider adding it to this section.
We welcome your feedback!
Women and HIV/AIDS Initiative at ACT
Phone: 416-340-2437 x. 453
- Violence Against Women and HIV April 2014
- Intimate Partner Violence and HIV/AIDS: Information Sheet Metropolitan Action Committee of Violence Against Women and Children
- Gender Dimensions of HIV Status Disclosure to Sexual Partners – Rates, Barriers and Outcomes for Women – WHO
- Domestic Violence against HIV – positive Women and its impact on their Health, CATIE
- Springtide Resources
- Multicultural Women Against Rape Toronto Rape Crisis centre
- Violence Against Women Family Service Toronto
- Network of Agencies Against Forced Marriage
- Shelternet.ca Making the links for abused women
- Red Door Family Shelter
- Barbra Schlifer Clinic